Thursday, March 20, 2014

Enjoying life

The last year has been pretty hectic for me. My sister moved back home from out of state with her two daughters, my brother went through a divorce, my best friend had her first child, I decided on a different major when I return to school soon, and I changed jobs just last week. This has made my year FLY by and I am now in need of some calmer waters! So, I've decided to try and slow down a bit and enjoy the little things in life more. 

Like making a dent in my "to read" stack of books that don't even fit in my bookcase! I have books piled in almost every corner of my room right now, along with two or three more boxes full of them in my parents garage. Someday, I will have my own library and I want to be able to say I have read every book in it!! So, I'm going to get started now and maybe give a little feedback here on some of the ones I really enjoy!




I'm also going to make more time for my own personal writing. I haven't been doing so great lately, but have very recently felt very motivated to work hard on my story. It's a young adult story of a young man who runs into a girl from the mythical race of Djinn (where genie stories originated). I have the whole story mapped out in my head, now I just need to get it onto my computer! 

My friend Crystal and I have also decided that we are going to try and enjoy more of our city. Minneapolis/St. Paul is beautiful and exciting. Astonishing scenery, wonderful artistic expression and hoardes of tasty coffee shops inhabit this place I live in! This May, Crystal and I will be going to see The Little Mermaid at  Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, as it is a favorite story for both of us! So, that and other experiences will also show up here! I am excited to learn more about the place I have grown up in. I can't believe how much I've never done and seen here! 




I have always loved thrift store shopping, but I am going to try and really embrace it in the coming months and try to create my own style. I love finding bargains on clothes that are normally pretty expensive. Just this week, I found a $98 Chicos blouse for $12, and it was brand spankin' new; Chicos tag still attached!! It's lovely and I got so many compliments on it the day I wore it to work :) A lot of my favorite articles of clothing are from thrift stores! I enjoy having someone compliment an outfit of mine and then seeing their shock when I tell them it cost less than $30 all together! This doesn't very accurately depict my beautiful new find, but I'll work on my picture taking ability...maybe Crystal will help me with that! ;) Here's to poppin' tags!


So, all this and more will be upcoming on this blog. I'm determined to be new and joyful person and to enjoy all that life has to offer, even if this is not how I pictured myself at 27. My life is FAR from horrible and I need to start remembering that :)

Happy day!


2 comments:

  1. That blouse looks awesome! I will definitely help with picture-taking if you'd like. I'm so excited for Little Mermaid and to see more of Minneapolis/St. Paul! Speaking of coffee shops, there's a really cute one that we should go to sometime over by the French Alliance if it's still open. I used to stop in all the time when I was going to tutoring. :) And I think the coffee shop that replaced the coffee shop that replaced Lily's may have closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes let's try that one! Too bad "Lily's" closed again. That location can't catch a break.

    ReplyDelete